31 January, 2020

Wild Rice and Halloumi Salad


When we stop at motorway service stations, we try to stop at one with a Marks and Spencer Food. I can always find something to eat in their offerings. Their Salmon and Potato Salad is a particular favourite. Yesterday, we sort of missed our mark and ended up at a service station with a Waitrose instead.

It took quite a bit of hunting, but I settled on a little salad of Wild Rice and Halloumi. "It will do, I suppose." were the thoughts going through my mind. Then, "Oh blast, I didn't pick up a fork!", but when I started eating all those thoughts disappeared. It was rather delicious and I want to try making my own version of the dish. 

The ingredients listed are: white rice, wild rice, onion, halloumi cheese (milk) (7%), chickpeas, orange juice, spinach, jumbo raisins, lemon juice, rapeseed oil, red chard, coriander, dill, parsley, sugar, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, cornflour, cumin, turmeric, garlic purée, coriander powder, sunflower oil, cayenne pepper, and allspice.

In addition, I bought sour cream and chive Popchips. It was like eating thick Pringles. How I have missed Pringles!

No comments:

Post a Comment